Albion Capital is a leading independent investment manager with a long-term record of backing change and growth. Founded in 1996, today the wider Albion Group has funds of around £945 million under management. The company’s purpose is to discover, invest in and support entrepreneurs who create category leading businesses that make a positive contribution to society.
Having become a UN PRI signatory in 2019, today Albion Capital champions responsible investment and ESG across its internal operations, investment process and portfolio stewardship. Albion Capital is a signatory of Investing in Women Code and is actively involved with VentureESG to promote sustainability practices across private markets and for early- stage technology companies.
By joining Albion Capital, you will be a part of an entrepreneurial and dynamic team where the Partners bring a wealth of domain expertise. By becoming an ESG intern you will deepen your knowledge and get first-hand experience of leading sustainability initiatives in venture capital.
We are looking for an ambitious, self- starting individual who is passionate about sustainability and has some knowledge of ESG to join our team for a three-month period. During the internship you will support ESG initiatives across the companies backed by Albion Capital, produce an impact report for the Group and assist with ongoing strategic ESG campaigns.
This role will report into the Head of Marketing. To apply, please email Katya Pogudina, Head of Marketing, firstname.lastname@example.org
- ESG at companies backed by Albion Capital:
- ESG metrics data collection and analysis across 60 companies backed by Albion
- Evaluate data, compare it to historic and industry averages, draw conclusions
- Produce a set of recommendations and targets to improve ESG across the companies backed for 2023 and beyond
- Work with third party vendors to produce content and tools to support ESG across the companies backed
- Impact report:
- Produce an impact report highlighting ESG at Albion Capital
- Communicate the report and findings to external stakeholders
- Support ongoing initiatives:
- Support Net Zero strategy to reduce emissions intensity
- Support Diversity and inclusion initiatives, work alongside third-party provider to support the development of new solutions
- Reviewing emerging regulation and consider how it impacts Albion Capital, specifically TCFD and SFDR
- Prepare for UN PRI 2023 reporting cycle
- Experience of data analysis and reporting
- Knowledge of ESG practices for private and/or public companies
- Experience of planning and delivering strategic initiatives and reports
- Top tier academic track record
- Passion for sustainability and impact
- Experience of working in venture capital or private equity preferred
- Minimum 3 years or more experience within financial services (in tier 1 consulting, investment bank, venture capital or private equity fund, fintech)
- Intellectually curious and exceptionally smart: gets things quickly, learns fast
- Excellent written and spoken English: able to proofread documents, spot typos
- Analytical: excels at numerical analysis and storytelling with data
- High EQ: excellent critical judgement and accurate gut feel
- Open and honest: builds trust and respect
- Independent and autonomous in working style: thrives in a non-corporate, entrepreneurial team.
- All Albion internships pay at least a London Living Wage
- Based in London with an option to work from home
- Jan- March 2023
- Part-time, can be done alongside further education
Albion Capital is an equal opportunities employer committed to proving equal opportunities for growth and development regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or socio-economic background. We believe that teams perform best when individual team members feel safe to bring their whole selves to work.